COME AND HANG OUT WITH US!
We are on a mission to make Brissie and Hospo, a better place and our little family is growing.
As we expand and open more venues and after 33,000 margs it is time for Rick to hang up the shakers and pass them on to someone new.
Which means, we are looking for a bartender/bar manager.
The drinks menu will be yours to run with, you will have creative control over the cocktails, beers and wine and we are looking for someone to grow and develop our menu.
The role will be around 35 hours per week, we open from 5.30pm, Tuesday to Saturday. The contract will be a Permanent Part Time contract including holiday and sick pay.
The day to day job will include prepping for your bar, developing new recipes, tasting wines, ordering supplies, end of night reporting and of course, making the drinks.
This is definitely not a role for someone who just wants behind the scenes, you need to be able to get in and get your hands wet so to speak.
The bar gets busy on a weekend, on a normal weekend night you will be making 70+ cocktails so you need to be capable of handling that on your own (with some help from a bar back on weekends.)
We are small, tight knit team and fitting in with that is essential (the whole team signs off on new team members).
As part of the team you will get:
- unlimited food and drinks (yup, no shitty discounts here!);
- quarterly profit share;
- paid for every hour you are at work, and we don't expect your life to be all about work. We take work/life integration super seriously here;
- and it is a really fun place to spend your time.
Applicants as a minimum will need to:
Be really fun to hang out with,
Not take yourself too seriously or be too precious.
Say what you mean, mean what you say.
Able to fit in well with the existing team (this is crucial!) The team signs off on all new team members.
Ability to keep calm under pressure,
If the word fuck offends you, we aren't for you
Not have a "that's not my job" kind of attitude. That won't fly around here, we are a small, tight knit team and everything pitches in to get it done!
We have a few Role Specific Requirements
- Ideally you would love agave spirits;
- Must have experience behind the bar, including both the making of the drinks and the ordering/reporting side;
- Strong creatively. We want to build out our drinks list and you will be responsible for that;
- Work Autonomously. You will need to have the ability to handle a certain volume of cocktails as the only bartender;
- Be systems driven and be willing to help us refine our systems and processes and help train other team members in basic bar skills.
If this description has you saying FUCK YEAH, then send us a message in the form below letting us know which role you are keen on and explaining why you are a great fit (no resumes or CVs please)